Eat Greek for a Week

13:19 0 Comments A+ a-


I came across this book whilst watching 'Sunday Brunch' with my mum at the weekend. Tonia Buxton was on the show and cooking some of her recipes, and I instantly fell in love. I've always loved Greece and Greek people but i've always been a bit cautious of the food as i'm quite picky. What struck me most was how passionate Tonia was about her cooking and the recipes in her book. She made a simple chicken and potato dish but it looked so amazing, and simple enough that somebody like me could make at home. I decided to take the plunge and ordered the book.

Eat Greek for a Week promises to provide recipes for fabulous food that will improve your health in seven days. The book contains over 100 delicious recipes and I can't wait to get stuck in and make some of the dishes for me and my husband!

The book contains nutritional information divided into 5 subsections.
1. Eat Greek to look (and feel) younger
2. Eat Greek to manage and prevent diabetes
3. Eat Greek to increase your libido
4. Eat Greek to reach the ideal weight
5. Eat Greek to get pregnant

The recipes are organised in sections according to the type of meal (breakfast; soups & salads; fish, meat and poultry as well as puddings, bakes and cakes) and are also colour coded to correspond with the 5 categories listed above.

Most of the recipes in the book call for fresh food, which is on the whole quite expensive. If you can't afford the freshest ingredients (like me) then buying what you CAN afford is better than spending the same amount on unhealthy foods.

I'll be trying out my first meal on Sunday and I can't wait!

Have you tried any of the recipes in this book?

Let me know what you think lovelies!

A xo