Finding my place...

06:19 3 Comments A+ a-




For the longest time I felt like I didn't know where my life was heading. I have had a surprising amount of jobs, but I knew none of them were the right job. I felt like I had very few true friends. Yes- there are people in my life who I thought were friends, but when I got married (yay) I realised that many of them aren't real friends.
During the time I was planning my wedding I was also studying for my PGCE (the right job), and so much of the time I felt alone, friends wise. People who I was once close with slowly drifted away, and turned into 'friends-when-they-need-something' type of people. I was busy, but I still tried to make time for my "friends".
My husband has been a constant in my life, even before he was my husband, but a woman still needs her girlfriends! I guess re-watching my DVD boxset of 'Sex and the City' wasn't the best idea, it just reminded me of what I wanted. A close of group girlfriends.
After returning from my honeymoon, I was surprised that very few of the people I had considered friends had tried to get in touch or responded to my attempts. When I messaged or called them, messages were ignored and calls missed. I may be married now but I'm still a person who needs to spend time with friends. 
It was after a night in with one of the few people I can consider a true friend, that I realised i'm better off without those people in my life, and it doesn't matter how many true friends I have, as long as I appreciate the ones I do have.
My life is slowly falling into place- I've found the job of my dreams, the man of my dreams, and a true friend.

A xo

3 comments

Write comments
Mariah
AUTHOR
26 August 2015 at 09:20 delete

Ummm who's house did you stay at?
Did you even ask permission?!!
This 'true' friend sounds like a right knob...I'd ditch them

Reply
avatar
Amy Mills
AUTHOR
26 August 2015 at 09:35 delete

Haha.. Just some wierdo.
Permission to stay?! I don't need permission- she loves me too much for that.
On second thoughts, you're probably right. She's a wrong'un :P
xx

Reply
avatar