Review: Essence Studio Nails- Ultra Strong Nail Hardener

09:39 1 Comments A+ a-


Do you have weak/flimsy nails?
Are your nails always breaking?

If you answered yes to either of the questions above then Essence Studio Nails- Ultra Strong Nail Hardener is for you!

For the longest time I have had weak nails. They are always splitting and breaking at the slightest of knocks. It's always the way that when i'm really loving the length of my nails- one of them breaks. Without fail.

I've always wondered why this happens to me, and after researching online- here are some of the possible reasons for why your nails are breaking.

1. Leaving nail polish on for too long.
Okay- hands up. I'm so guilty of this. I'm the type of person who will put nail varnish on, and leave it on until it comes off on its own. Nail polishes contain drying ingredients that take out moisture from the nail, causing them to weaken. It is recommended that nail polish should be removed after 5 days, and the nails should be given a few days to recover before painting again.

2. Texting/typing
I know this seems far fetched, and you're probably thinking this is a stupid reason for nail breakage- BUT it actually makes some sense. If your nails are hitting the keyboard or screen of your phone repeatedly, it can cause them to split or fray at the edges. In the world we live in, practically everything we do is on our phones, tables or laptops!

3. Not applying hand lotion
I have to admit, I rarely use hand lotion. When you wash your hands the water dries out your skin, and if the skin beneath your cuticles is dry, then the nail is more likely to split, break or crack.

So there you have it. Some possible reasons for why your nails break. The solution? Okay, so you could stop using your laptop to blog, you could apply hand lotion after you wash your hands, you could remove your nail polish and give them a few days to recover, and you could stop texting.

But what if none of these solutions solves your problem?

Essence Studio Nails- Ultra Strong Nail Hardener works wonders for me. From the moment it hits my nails they feel stronger. The polish coats the nails beautifully and leaves them feeling strong, as well as giving them a lovely shine.

After one application.
Essence recommend using the polish for two days and taking a break for one day (for no more than three weeks). I find that the gradual build up of the hardener leaves my nails feeling healthy and strong. I have never had to apply the polish for as long as three weeks as I find applying the polish as and when my nails need it works for me.

I have even applied other nail polishes on top of the hardener. The smoothness that the hardener creates on the nail makes applying other polishes on top a doddle. The hardener is easily removed with nail varnish remover (not that you'd want to- because it's amazing!)

I cannot praise this hardener enough, it has never let me down. My nails feel and look better than they ever have!

 Essence Studio Nails- Ultra Strong Nail Hardener costs £1.99 and is available in Wilko's stores.

I'd love to know your opinions. Have you used Essence's nail hardener before? If you have what do you think of it? If you haven't, would you consider it?


A xo










1 comments:

Write comments
Rachael
AUTHOR
22 December 2017 at 05:25 delete

This sounds perfect, I'm having real trouble with my nails breaking at the moment!
Helpless Whilst Drying

Reply
avatar